Feb 19, 2010

A Great Sense of Accomplishment

As a young person, I was always told to have goals. Into my adult life, I still fully support this notion. No matter if they are long term or short term goals, let your daily activities be for a greater cause that you can be proud of. At this exact point in my life, my goal is to have a marvelous wedding, no matter how "non-traditional" it is going to be.

For those who don't know, my fiance and I have made plans to get married in the VERY near future. Because of our time schedules and the fact that we live almost 6 hours away from each other, it makes sense for us to do things the way we are. We've planned an "intimate" ceremony with close family with a dinner to follow. But, regardless of the tiny size, this wedding is coming with all the fix'ns.

First, there's the dress: Without giving too much away, it is quite possibly the prettiest thing I have ever had the opportunity to put on. I feel more comfortable in it than I did in my prom dress. But it is the emotion that surrounded the purchase that impacted me the most. With this being the first purchase toward the wedding (and the fact that I went dress shopping alone, by choice), I was an emotional wreck. I cried in my car for about 20 minutes after I put the dress in my trunk. But, that was the first and largest hurdle I would have to get over in this process.

From here, everything else seemed pretty simple. I've picked out the rings, we've secured the venue, and I sorta have my hair picked out. From here, I still have flowers, shoes, make-up, and pampering. Oy-vey!

In all seriousness, I am in a strange zen-state right now. I have an amazing support system of friends and family behind me. I truly believe that everything that is crucial for this wedding will fall into place in time. I'm getting to a place where I'm not even nervous anymore.

So, one of my short term goals is to have a fabulous wedding and to marry the dude of my dreams (lol). And I'm almost there. Praises!

**This blog is dedicated to all of the people who have been in my corner through mental breakdowns and all-day errand trips: Rori, Danielle, Jerome, Mommy, Crystal, and above all, my sweetie JML.

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

aaaww .. you gonna make me cry. You should feel good ... you are going to look absolutely gorgeous. I have no doubts about that. Now hurry up and do this thing so I can see the pictures! lol